Header

Because the Kiddo wants to share his videos

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Noodles, Noodles, and more Noodles

We love homemade noodles at our house. Chicken noodle soup is my favorite. If I am going to make chicken noodle soup, I am going to make homemade noodles. They are really easy. They do take some planning, but they are not hard. Give it a try.

Here is how I do it:

For every 1 cup if flour, I use one whole egg and 2 egg yolks. If you don't want to waste the egg whites, either make a yummy egg white omelet or you can instead use one cup of flour and two whole eggs. I use prefer the first way. I have made both, and both are good. This amount is about two servings.

Put the flour in a bowl and make a well in the middle. Beat your eggs and pour the eggs into the well you have made. Use a fork or a your fingers to mix it together well. Once it is mixed together well, dump it out and knead it till it is smooth, about 5 minutes.

Here comes more choices for you. When I am rushed for time, I roll it out, slice it up, and boil them right then. Sometimes we roll it out, and use small cookie cutters to make fun shapes. That takes a lot of time, but D sure loves making chicken and stars. The last, and best way I think, is to roll them out, let them dry, then roll them up like you would a cinnamon roll. It makes it easy to slice them thin. If that didn't make sense, check out this post by The Hidden Pantry. She has pictures to explain it.

Another thing I recently learned from The Hidden Pantry in you can freeze your fresh noodles. I had never thought of that before. I make extra noodles last night and froze some. D and I had them for lunch. They were yummy! I plan to do this all the time. I would make sure your noodles are dry before freezing so they don't end up a big sticky mess.

This week's goal, get some noodles made and into my freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment