Header

Because the Kiddo wants to share his videos

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Threat To Parental Rights

Government involvement in how I choose to raise my son has been a discussion my husband and I have had many times since D was born. I do not have a personal experience with government interference, but I am sure we have all heard stories of parental rights being trampled on by court decisions and government.  It is a scary thought. Please take the time to watch this video. I know it is long, but it is very eye opening. It puts all the thoughts and feelings I have had about this issue into words. I would love to hear anyones thoughts about this topic.

1 comment:

  1. A very interesting video, and yes, long. Ha ha. I watched the whole thing and it definitely raised some questions for me concerning parental rights, (which now I am dying to ask Colby about since he just got a job with a family law practice.) The cases they presented in this video were appalling indeed. I especially worry about the education aspect as far as teachers teaching my child about domestic/social issues. Luckily, I think living in Utah has some advantages in that area. Ha ha.

    I didn't even know there was such thing as the CRC until watching this video. I will have to look into it more. My only issue with this video is that it is obviously put out by an organization that is against the CRC. So obviously the information in the video is a little biased (and I'm not saying that and saying it's wrong to be biased, I'm just saying that before I would want to form a true opinion on the CRC matter I would need more information from more sources). I know that doing a quick google search of the UNICEF website I found this on the topic of the CRC: "The Convention expressly recognizes that parents have the most important role in the bringing up children.". Yes, it's a little vague so it could be open up to interpretation, but it sounds like there would have to be some recognization of parental rights of some sort.

    Anyway, sorry I ramble. It's interesting the ways the world has now to destroy the family. It makes you want to hold your kid a little closer to home at times. :) Great conversation starter though Nicole! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete