Header

Because the Kiddo wants to share his videos

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Clean House Is The Sign Of A Boring Person.

If that is true, I must be one of the most exciting people you could know.  I hate cleaning. I know most of you are thinking that everyone hates cleaning, but I do everything I can to avoid it. I have friends who "hate" cleaning, but love having a clean house more. I haven't quite gotten to that point. I usually let things go until I am going crazy and just have to get it all clean (or my husband will step in. I have the best husband.) I will clean till I drop. I want to scrub every nook and cranny of the house.  I will then keep up on keeping things clean for a while, but I eventually get lazy and the cycle begins again. I tend to be an all or nothing person when it comes to cleaning. I either try and do it all at once or do nothing.

This cycle of lazy to clean to lazy in my natural state, but I am tired of it. I want a change.  I know if I can just keep up on things I won't end up spending 45 minutes with a tooth brush trying to clean shower grout. I have found a new plan! I read it on a blog somewhere. I call it the 30 minute clean.

Monday through Friday is each assigned an area. Here is the break down for me:


Monday-Kitchen
Tuesday-Living Room
Wednesday-Bedrooms
Thursday-Bathroom
Friday-Dinning Room

The idea is that every day I spend 30 minutes cleaning the room assigned, and only 30 minutes.  This 30 minutes does not include cleaning up toys, doing dishes, and other daily stuff. I am talking the more deep cleaning. For example, yesterday I worked in the kitchen. After doing my daily stuff of doing dishes and wiping off the counter, I then set the timer for 30 minutes and went to work. I scrubbed my sink, degreased my stove top are and outside the microwave, scrubbed the dish drainer, and cleaned off 7 years worth of buildup off my teapot. It might have been a little longer than 30 minutes, but after that I just stopped. It was actually hard for me to stop. I noticed I needed to degrease my oven door and probably clean the inside of my oven. So why did I stop? Because I don't want to fall back into the cycle of cleaning burnout. The idea is that next Monday it will be fast to clean the sink and I can spend time on degreasing the over door.

My list of daily chores is not that long either. Here is a general list, but some days if might vary:
  • Dishes (My husband does the evening dishes. Told you he was awesome!)
  • Wipe down counters and stove top (Stove top is also done by my husband.)
  • Pick up and put away 'stuff'
  • Make bed
  • Laundry (Only Mon-Thurs for me)
  • Vacuum as needed
You'll notice I didn't assign anything to the weekend. I plan on enjoying them. Saturday night I try and get the house looking nice for Sunday, but the idea is if I keep up on things during the week then it should be a fast job.

On a funny note, I saw this floating around Pintrest. Hope it makes you smile.
How do you keep up on household chores?

No comments:

Post a Comment