Header

Because the Kiddo wants to share his videos

Monday, April 2, 2012

Attempt At Sewing

A while a go I found a tutorial on greylustergirl.blogspot.com. It was about refashioning a men's polo into a cute woman shirt.












Isn't it adorable???  She is amazing. I have wanted to try for a long time, but I have been nervous to start. Last week I was shopping at our local Salvation Army for all of D's summer clothes. (Best place ever to get kids clothes, but that's another post.) I decided to look for some dress pants for my hubby, and while looking I came across the polos. I bought one on a whim for $1. I got brave and gave it a try. After much trial and error and having to do thing a little different from her (mostly because I had to fix mistakes), I finished. 


So, it's not perfect, but I didn't think it was too bad for a first try. Yes, my photographer is 4, so please forgive the picture. Also, some of you might notice the short hair. I cut it today. I am not sure if I love it, but I guess at this point I will learn to like it. We will see.

I digress. What do you think? I have to say I am proud of myself for even trying. I think I will try to make another in the future. I think I need to start with a larger shirt to get a better length since I am tall. Also, I made this one a bit too tight. No need for everyone to see what pregnancy did to my body. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment