Header

Because the Kiddo wants to share his videos

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sons and Daughters of a King

We took D to see Lion King in 3D last week. My son loved it, my husband slept through it, and I found inspiration from it.

During the scene where Simba sees Mufasa in the cloud, Mufasa says to his son, "You have forgotten who you are, and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become."

At that moment I thought of my Father in Heaven. How often does he say the same thing to us? Through the scriptures? Through a living prophet and apostles? I could imaging the Lord saying to me, "You have forgotten who you are, and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Nicole. You are more than what you have become."

Satan and the world would have us think we are not pretty enough, smart enough, rich enough, funny enough, friendly enough...  You can fill in the blank in a thousand different ways. But they are wrong.


We are children of God, sons and daughters of a King. We are of divine worth. We only need to see it and then teach it to our children. We have great potential to become like our Father in Heaven one day.

Mudasa left Simba with these words, "Remember who you are. Remember..."


I pray that we also might remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment